E-Rate News and Deadlines
The latest South Carolina E-Rate program news and deadlines can be found below.
Form 471 Application Window Announced
USAC recently announced the 2017/2018 E-Rate Form 471 Application Filing Window will open Feb. 27 and close May 11. We highly encourage all applicants to begin preparations for filing as soon as possible. For more information on preparing for the Form 471 application, please visit USAC’s Applicant Process guidance
South Carolina E-Rate Valid Data File (NSLP) Timeline
We’ve partnered with SCDE's Office of Research and Data Analysis on validating the FY 17/18 E-Rate Valid Data File (NSLP). We expect this process to be complete by Feb. 10. At that time, we will request all school districts download the file and verify the information is correct by Feb. 17.
Mobile Device Access and Management (MoDAM) Initiative
The South Carolina K-12 School Technology Initiative and SCDE are currently accepting applications for the Mobile Device Access and Management (MoDAM) Initiative. Funds provided through the MoDAM Initiative are used by districts to procure high-speed mobile internet service for students who lack such service at home and are participating in a course of study that requires mobile access. School districts may submit applications for funding via an online form by Feb. 15, 2017. Click here to access the MoDAM Initiative application.
State Master Contracts List Update
There are three major updates to the State Master Contracts List to call to your attention.
1) Hewlett Packard Network Products (Solicitation No. 540001883) will be E-Rate ineligible from Feb. 8 to June 30, 2017.
2) Citrix Software (Solicitation No. 5400003405) will be E-Rate ineligible from March 26 to June 30, 2017.
3) Several State Master Contracts will require applicants to use the State Replacement Contract guidance when requesting services on their Form 471 Application.
- Feb. 15, 2017 – MoDAM application deadline.
- Feb. 17, 2017 – E-Rate Valid File Verification deadline (2017/2018).
- Feb. 27-May 11, 2017 – E-Rate Form 471 Application filing window (2017/2018).
- April 13, 2017 – Last day to file a Form 470 to start the competitive bidding process.
E-Rate News and Deadlines Archive